Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reflection after my oral presentation on position paper

Finally, it was my turn to present my position paper! I was glad that it was over because I had been waiting anxiously to get it done.:) How nervous I was during the presentation!Luckily, Dr. Edwin did not comment much on my oral presentation, may be because my thesis statement was well-supported with appropriate supporting details. Perhaps, my style of presentation and language used can be considered appropriate and effective.


I used to face rather great difficulty to present in front of the class. I am confident that I am proficient in my written language but I always worry that I am not competent enough in my spoken language. I still have great rooms for improvement. I am trying very hard to avoid mispronunciations and slips of tongue. I have improved in some aspects in my spoken language
but there is still a very far way from being a fluent and articulate speaker.


As what Dr. Edwin had said before, it really was our own responsibilities to polish up our language skills. As we are to become teachers and not cheaters! To become a second-rated teacher in my students' eyes is not what I have wished for through out the years! Therefore, I should work harder in improving myself!

No comments: