Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fighting for more time to read my second readings of “Pride and Prejudice” and “Mansfield Park”

This week had not been an easy week for me. So many assignments and societal activities to be handled at the same time! Now and then were meetings and group discussions! Therefore, I really was literally fighting for more time to read my second readings of “Pride and Prejudice” and “Mansfield Park”.

It had never been easy for me to understand the language that Jane Austen used in the novels. Most the time, I had to read it twice before I could really understand the gist of the meaning. The compound-complex sentences used by Jane Austen were rather lengthy and complicated. The eighteen-century’s language was sometimes archaic and beyond my context of comprehension. Therefore, these situations made second readings compulsory in my case.

Indeed, I considered my accomplished task for second readings as a form of achievement!

No comments: